A superb residence built by Baron Rodolphe d’Erlanger (1872-1932) at the foot of the village of Sidi Bou Saïd in a park overlooking the sea. It was occupied and looted by German soldiers during the Second World War. Further damage was caused when Allied soldiers were housed there. It is still there today. Property of the Tunisian state, which has turned it into a museum, with much of its original furniture, including paintings by Rodolphe d’Erlanger, and a treasure chest supposed to have belonged to Suleiman the Magnificent. It is also home to the Centre for Arab and Mediterranean Music, which regularly gives concerts there and exhibits a superb historical collection of musical instruments.