A superb residence built by Baron Rodolphe d’Erlanger (1872-1932) at the foot of the village of Sidi Bou Saïd in a park overlooking the sea. It was occupied and looted by German soldiers during the Second World War. Further damage was caused when Allied soldiers were housed there. It is still there today. Property of the Tunisian state, which has turned it into a museum, with much of its original furniture, including paintings by Rodolphe d’Erlanger, and a treasure chest supposed to have belonged to Suleiman the Magnificent. It is also home to the Centre for Arab and Mediterranean Music, which regularly gives concerts there and exhibits a superb historical collection of musical instruments.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.